- Explore the UNESCO-listed Meteora with a private guide
- Visit the impressive Byzantine monasteries & learn about the local traditions
- Enjoy a private tour that can be customized based on your preferences
- Stop to area’s viewpoints for panoramic breathtaking views
- Hassle-free: private deluxe transportation with air-conditioned vehicle
- Tour Dates: Any Day
- Duration: 11 Hours
- Starting Point: Your hotel / or the ERS2020 Venue
Let a private professional guide leads you through the spectacular scenery of Meteora, take the chance to visit the impressive Byzantine monasteries and discover all the local traditions, myths and secrets. Meteora is one of Greece’s most inspiring places and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Board your luxury air conditioned vehicle, travel southbound through a scenic journey from Thessaloniki and arrive at the small town of Kalambaka. Meteora is a geological miracle which must be actually seen to be believed! Visit two of the majestic monasteries perched high upon the steep rocks and head to one of the area’s viewpoints for breathtaking views of the surreal rocky landscape. With your private guide at your side, follow in the footsteps of the first hermits and monks and discover the vast richness of frescoes, icons and intricate carvings that each monastery includes.
Drive back to the beautiful town of Kalambaka where you will have the time to scroll around and enjoy a delicious lunch. Your last stop will be the Valley of Tempi, at the chapel of saint Paraskevi. Return back to Thessaloniki in the evening.
Price per Person €140
Children up to 12 years €30
- Transportation by luxury air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional and licenced English speaking guide
- Entrance fees of two Monasteries
- Pick up/drop off service
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
Entrance to the monasteries: Appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.