- Enjoy a full-day trip to the majestic, UNESCO-listed Meteora monasteries
- Travel through the dramatic landscape of Egnatia road
- Learn the ancient history of Meteora from an expert guide
- Absorb the bird’s-eye views & visit two Byzantine monasteries
- Visit one of the most important sites in Christian Orthodoxy
- Tour Dates: on request
- Duration: 5 Hours
- Starting Point: Your hotel / or the ERS2021 Venue
A unique and unforgettable experience during your stay in Thessaloniki will be a visit to the Meteora Monasteries. Meteora is a geological miracle, which one must see for himself in order to believe. These hilltop cloisters are among the most important complexes in Eastern Orthodoxy and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Depart early in the morning from Thessaloniki and travel through a landscape of green valleys dotted with dramatic grey cliffs to reach Meteora. Arriving at the beautiful town of Kalambaka, you will visit the famous Meteora, geological formations unique in their kind, on which the Monasteries are perched; they were built in the 14th century and they are rich in precious testimonies of Byzantine art. Visit two of these fabulous monasteries, built high upon the steep rocks. Each monastery owns a vast richness of frescoes and icons.
Afterwards, you will make your lunch break in Kalambaka town where you will have also the chance to explore the region’s modern-day culture. Retrace the route back to Thessaloniki, where you will arrive late in the afternoon.
Price per Person €60
Children up to 12 years €30
- Transportation by luxury air-conditioned bus
- Professional and licensed English speaking guide
- Pick up/drop off service
- All taxes
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Entrance fees (3 Euro per person/per monastery)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal Expenses
Entrance to the monasteries: Appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
The Tour will materialize with minimum participants of 25 persons